SEPTEMBER REAL ESTATE BLOG
September ended up being a much busier month than August, with 4 new listings and of those, 3 went under contract in less than 8 days on the market. 8 homes sold this month, but notice that of those 8 properties all but one of them sold for at or over the listing price. This is a new market. Less multiple offers and with less homes selling over their original listing price.
My tip for the month is, if you are thinking of selling your home this fall or next spring, you need more than ever to have your market ready. In our past market buyers have just let many inspection issues slide, but that is no longer the case. Below is a great checklist put together by Pillar to Post Home Inspections to help you prepare your home for the market.
- Trim all vegetation 12 inches away from siding.
- Keep earth 6 inches below/away from siding & all other wood while maintaining a gentle slope away from the home.
- Remove moss from roof. (Avoid pressure washing as this often causes more damage than good. Solutions & instructions can be found at most home improvement centers.)
- Extend downspouts that drain above ground, 6 feet away from structure.
- Clean gutters. (Even small amounts of debris can clog downspouts.)
- Keep trees & branches trimmed 6 feet from roof & off power lines.
- Check for signs of rodents, repair damage & obtain pest control operator assistance.
- Be sure all earth is covered with 6 mm black vapor barrier. (with 6″ overlaps)
- Remove all cellulose debris large enough to be picked up by a standard garden rake.
- All crawl space vents should be open for proper ventilation (unless freezing.)
- Be sure all bathroom exhaust vents are still attached & lead to exterior of home.
- Keep insulation clear of soffit vents.
- Gas/propane furnaces should be serviced on an annual basis. (Keep proof)
- Correct slow draining sinks & tubs. Fill sinks, then drain, & look for leaks below. Repair.
- Clear storage from blocking electrical panels, attic & crawl space hatches, so the inspector does not have to make an extra trip back & slowing process.
- Remove clothing from washer & dryer so inspector can test for leaks etc.
- Keep the house clean!
Enjoy our beautiful fall colors!
|4004 50th Ave NE||$1,360,000||3/2.25||1926||2,184||20||$622.71|
|*3536 45th Ave NE||$1,399,000||5/2.25||1938||2,570||7||$544.36|
|*3502 43rd Ave NE||$1,947,000||4/3.25||1936||3,490||4||$557.88|
|*5027 48th Ave NE||$2,275,000||6/3.5||2017||4,800||5||$473.96|
|4215 55th Ave NE||$2,280,000||5/3.25||1958||3,760||68||$606.38|
|4214 53rd Ave NE||$2,450,000||4/3||1916||3,671||80||$667.39|
|3011 E Laurelhurst Dr||$2,995,000||4/3.5||1908||5,380||119||$556.69|
|3516 46th Ave NE||$3,087,000||6/4.5||1921||4,400||102||$701.59|
|3054 E Laurelhurst Dr NE||$11,800,000||5/4.75||1928||7,683||755||$1,535.86|
* Listed & under contract in September
DOM as of 10/4/18
PENDING IN SEPTEMBER
|*3536 45th Ave NE||$1,399,000||5/2.25||2,570||7|
|*3502 43rd Ave NE||$1,947,000||4/3.25||3,490||4|
|*5027 48th Ave NE||$2,275,000||6/3.5||4,800||5|
*Listed and under contract in September
SOLD IN SEPTEMBER
|Address||List Price||Sale Price||CDOM||Beds/
|4522 NE 54th St||$899,950||$890,000||13||3/1.75||1,800||$494.44||9/18|
|5107 46th Ave NE||$1,165,000||$1,150,000||31||4/2||2,695||$426.72||9/20|
|3626 42nd Ave NE||$1,250,000||$1,200,000||8||3/1.75||1,500||$800.00||9/19|
|4114 36th Ave NE||$1,495,000||$1,435,000||80||4/3.25||3,180||$451.26||9/25|
|4826 NE 41st St||$1,595,000||$1,492,000||116||4/2.25||3,300||$452.12||9/19|
|4239 51st Ave NE||$1,795,000||$1,770,000||35||6/3.25||2,980||$593.96||9/18|
|3915 51st Ave NE||$2,495,000||$2,200,000||63||4/3.5||4,190||$525.06||9/25|
|3042 E Laurelhurst Dr NE||$4,595,000||$4,595,000||5||7/2.75||4,220||$1,088.86||9/28|
Median Sales Price = $1,463,500
CDOM = Cumulative Days on Market