SEPTEMBER REAL ESTATE BLOG
As fall is here and winter is approaching I received this easy weatherproofing list from Ashley Doran, Title Rep for Chicago Title and a Laurelhurst resident:
- Clean gutters and downspouts in mid-fall and double-check them before winter.
Replace the filter in your furnace.
- Close any vents in your home that may have opened for the warm weather.
- Disconnect hoses and turn off the water.
- Buy a snow shovel and other winter supplies before the messy weather hits.
- Keep extra water and canned food in storage, just in case.
Check the attic, walls and basement for adequate insulation.
- Feel around electrical outlets and switch-plates for cold air; add insulation where necessary.
- Look around doors and windows for gaps and potential places where warm air can escape.
- Caulk or apply weatherstripping around problem drafts areas.
- Have a contractor look for damaged roof shingles and loose gutters.
- Have a heating/cooling expert look at your furnace if you are unsure of its efficiency.
- Have chimneys and wood stoves cleaned early in the season.
- Test the flue for each fireplace for a tight seal when closed.
Back to real estate! As you can see from the number of active listings we have seen a bit of a slow down especially in the upper price range. In September there were 5 new listings. The home on NE 45th St is being sold by Seattle Children’s. 42nd Ave NE has lovely views and includes an extra lot next door with a rare 5 bedrooms up. A beautiful craftsman with commanding lake views on E Laurelhurst Drive was listed @ $3,200,000 and had a recent price reduction to $2,950,000, and the largest property listed in September 5020 NE 45th St has over an acre of property. Note in the pending section that the homes that have been priced competitively are under contract in less that 8 days. Closed sales also reflect days on market with 4 of the 8 under contract in 8 days or less. 8 must be the lucky number for September
ACTIVE LISTINGS AS OF SEPTEMBER 30TH
|4323 NE 45th St||$1,150,000||4/2.5||1929||2,286||$503.06|
|4118 42nd Ave NE||$1,395,000||5/3.75||1929||3,770||$370.03|
|3600 W Laurelhurst Dr NE*||$2,195,000||4/3.25||1987||3,780||$580.69|
|4312 36th Ave NE||$2,399,000||5/5.5||2016||4,800||$499.79|
|5155 NE Latimer Place *||$2,595,000||5/3.25||1925||3,800||$682.89|
|4549 55th Ave NE*||$2,795,000||4/4||2014||4,320||$646.99|
|3408 E Laurelhurst Dr NE||$2,950,000||4/4.25||1911||4,410||$668.93|
|5020 NE 45th St||$5,250,000||5/5.5||1969||8,710||$602.76|
|3627 42nd Ave NE||$10,008,000||6/4.25||1921||6,860||$1,458.89|
|3054 E Laurelhurst Dr NE||$11,800,000||5/4.75||1928||7,683||$1,535.86|
* Price reduction
PENDING IN SEPTEMBER
|*5223 Ivanhoe Pl NE||$799,000||2/1.75||1,380||6|
|*5007 Ivanhoe Pl NE||$875,000||4/1.75||1,400||7|
|*5150 46th Ave NE||$895,000||4/1.75||2,024||8|
|*5133 46th Ave NE||$995,000||5/2.75||2,190||7|
|*5031 44th Ave NE||$1,050,000||3/3.25||2,011||1|
|*5025 44th Ave NE||$1,275,000||3/3.25||2,492||5|
*= listed and under contract in August
CDOM = Cumulative Days on Market
|4702 46th Ave NE||$895,000||2/1.75||2,230||13|
|3922 N E Belvoir Pl||$1,695,000||4/3.5||4,370||163|
SOLD IN SEPTEMBER
|Address||List Price||Sale Price||CDOM||Beds/
|5015 Ivanhoe PL NE||$999,950||$1,050,000||3||4/2.25||1,910||$549.74||9/15|
|5027 44th Ave NE||$1,125,000||$1,125,000||1||3/3.25||2,204||$510.44||9/22|
|4318 NE 42nd St||$1,149,950||$1,136,500||13||3/1.5||2,500||$454.60||9/8|
|3612 47th Ave NE||$1,135,000||$1,135,000||29||4/2.25||2,350||$593.62||9/29|
|4834 NE 43rd St||$1,525,000||$1,525,000||5||4/2.5||2,700||$564.81||9/1|
|3816 49th Ave NE||$2,150,000||$2,050,000||26||5/3.25||4,569||$448.68||9/1|
|4553 52nd Ave NE||$2,275,000||$2,406,000||8||4/2.75||4,060||$592.61||9/15|
Median Sold Price = $1,395,000
If you have any questions regarding current real estate trends give me a call or email me @ 206.235.7772 or email@example.com